Do you need a criminal record check?
Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon offer fast, easy, and convenient service. We use the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) which checks for criminal records through a secure computerized information system operated by the RCMP.
- Typical record checks are conducted using your name and date of birth, but some situations may require fingerprints to be taken. Please check with our attending staff regarding fingerprinting details.
- CPIC checks are fast, convenient, and compliant with Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canadian privacy and human rights legislation.
- We can provide CPIC results within 1 hour.
*Please note that the CPIC Advisory Board has recently directed that police clearances requiring a Vulnerable Sector Search can only be provided directly by the police department in the community you reside in.
Location: 928 Cloverdale Avenue, Victoria, BC
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
What you'll need...
Government-issued photo identification:
- Drivers licence (issue by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- International Student Identity Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
- Federal, Provincial or Municipal employee Identification Card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
Secondary piece of identification:
- BC Care Card
- Age of Majority Card
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Municipal Chauffeur Permits
- Immigration Papers
- Immigration Identification
- Provincial Identification Card
Please Note: The BC Drivers License and Services card is considered 1 piece of identification.
If there is no record of any conviction in Canada, the form is returned indicating there was no record. If there appears to be a criminal record because of a similar name and birth date, then your fingerprints will be required to determine if it is you.