What privacy principles are followed by Commissionaires?
1. Accountability: Commissionaires is responsible for ensuring the protection of the information you have provided to us.
2. Why do we collect your information? We collect information from you for the following reasons:
- to provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to contact you, when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- to obtain information about your use of our products and services, potentially through a survey to better understand your needs, as input to future product development plans;
- to obtain information about your qualifications and skills if you submit your resume to us for the purposes of applying for a position with Commissionaires; and
- the information may be legally required.
We will, however, respect your choice not to be contacted. All our marketing email messages contain an option to automatically “opt-out” of receiving messages from us.
You may also elect not to receive communication from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and (if applicable) your postal address to request that we remove your email, address and name from our mailing lists.
4. Limiting collection: Commissionaires will only collect information about you that is necessary to achieve the purposes identified in this policy.
5. Limiting use, disclosure and retention: Commissionaires will use the information you provide only for the purposes identified in this policy. We will not use this information for any other purpose unless we have obtained your consent.
Commissionaires will only disclose information about you to its affiliated companies, distributors, and to authorized agents that assist us in performing our functions for the limited purposes listed above. Our agents may include companies and individuals that deliver packages, provide marketing assistance and process credit card transactions.
We will not sell or otherwise disclose the information collected from you to other third parties, except in those limited cases where we are legally required to do so (such as in response to a court order, or disclosure to a public body to assist in an investigation).
We will retain the information that we have collected from you only so long as it is necessary to achieve our stated purposes or if it is legally required that we retain such information.
6. Ensuring accuracy: Commissionaires will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information we collect from you is accurate and complete. If you notice any errors in the information that we have collected from you or wish to update your information, please notify your Commissionaires contact or email email@example.com. You can advise us as to where you saw the incorrect information so that we can then correct or update such information.
7. Safeguards: Commissionaires will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Individual access to information: If you require access to your own information, please write to us by fax, email or post, with your request. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon, 928 Cloverdale Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia, V8X 2T3, Canada
You may also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
(for international matters and inter-provincial matters).